Tuesday 1 November 2011

CHRISTMAS SAYINGS

SOME NEW CHRISTMAS SAYINGS

Well, it has been a while since my last post......

But I have been busy with some new designs and with my family.

Halloween has come and gone.  For some of us, Thanksgiving is next and before we know it, CHRISTMAS.  Wow where did this year go?  For me, it has gone by far to quickly.....

When I look back though, I have to say, that I achieved a lot.  I opened up a store on ETSY.  Did lots of digitizing (which as you know I LOVE).  Have had good times with friends and family and made lots of new friends through my teaching of machine embroidery.

The other day I had a lady ask me how to do machine embroidery applique.  There are so many ladies out there that are new to machine embroidery and some that have had their machines for a while, but dont know how to use their machines to their full potential.

So I thought that this would be the perfect place to put up some instructions with photos - (hope you all like).

Please Note That These Instructions Are For My Digitized Designs For Applique :-

1.  Hoop the fabric/item that needs to be appliqued.
     The first colour will be an outline stitch.  This is to show you the size of the fabric that you will need to cut -    PS:  Remember your piece of fabric will always need to be bigger on all sides.  Remove your hoop - PLEASE DO  NOT UNHOOP.  Using your spray glue, spray a little over the area of the outline and smooth down your piece of fabric over this.


2.  The second colour will be the same outline - this will stitch your fabric down.  Once this has been done, remove your hoop from the machine - PLEASE DO NOT UNHOOP.  Using your applique scissors, cut away the excess fabric around the outline stitch, being careful not to cut the stitching.



3.  Replace the hoop back onto the machine.  Now there could be more applique or there could be stitching only.  The above steps are done each time an applique needs to be done.










I hope that the above makes sense.

If anyone has any questions regarding Machine Applique, please do not hesitate to ask them here.  It would be great to get some feedback from you all.

I also wanted to let you know that I have just released three new Christmas Sayings, that would be perfect stitched out on either cushion covers, fronts of placemats, t-shirts or even that little Santa's Sack for the kids.

These are available in my Etsy Shop :-
http://www.etsy.com/shop/KCDezigns








Over the past two weeks, I have been quite busy with a few christmas sayings.  They are all in my Etsy Shop - I hope you will visit and perhaps LIKE, TWEET and SHARE with all your friends that are also into Machine Embroidery.

Hope you all have a fantastic week stitching and embroidering.


Yours in Embroidery
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts